The intent of the OUTPLANET site is solely to provide a platform for users to gather travel information, share opinions and experiences of travel related issues, engage in interactive travel forums, and currently has no other purposes.
Our website, mobile properties, and related applications (collectively, our “Site”) are owned and operated by OUTPLANET®, Inc.
How we collect and use your information
Personal identification information
When you sign up for OUTPLANET, we may ask you for personal information as appropriate for account creation, including username and email. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, although it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. We will not disclose Personal Information to third parties without your consent.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site, in order to improve usefulness of the OUTPLANET Site. Non-personal identification information, including, without limitation, search terms, date and time of request as well as technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the browser type, and the Internet service providers utilized.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
OUTPLANET may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site
- The information the User contributes through the Site is intended for public consumption, including your reviews; other Users may respond to public posts via their own posts.
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- We may send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the User email address to send information and updates pertaining to communications initiated by the User.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can guarantee 100% security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure (e.g. if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Accessing, changing, removing or restricting the use of your information
If you want to:
- Access (and/or download in the form of CSV file) the personal information you have provided to us, you may do so by accessing the drop down menu under your user profile icon.
- Update the personal information that you have provided to us, you may do so by by accessing the profile option in the drop down menu under your user profile icon.
- Close your account and delete your Personal Information from our systems, you may do so by by
accessing the profile option in the drop down menu under your user profile icon.
- Restrict the use of your personal information, meaning we can keep your personal information stored but are not allowed to continue using it for any future processing, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com . We try to answer every email within 48 business hours, but may not always be able to do so.
Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, only if strictly needed for for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to third parties others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates,related product or service information, etc.
Terms and Conditions
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. OUTPLANET does not take responsibility nor assume liability for any content in external websites.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. By accessing or using the OUTPLANET Site, the User certifies that they are 13 years of age or older.
Use of Interactive Areas of this Site (reviews, comments and others)
OUTPLANET welcomes your engagement in sharing or discussing information on our site- it is why we are here! However, by using the Site, the User expressly agrees not to share posts which are any of the following:
- content or links to content which is not, to the User’s best knowledge, true and accurate
- content or links to content which may be unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- content or links to content which may infringe patents, trademarks or copyrights;
- content or links to content which is in the spectrum of unsolicited promotions, politics or advertisement
- content or links to content which is unrelated to the topic of the interactive area in which it is posted
- content or links to content which are viruses or other disruptive or destructive files
OUTplanet does not take responsibility nor assume liability for any content posted in any section of the Site. OUTPLANET has no obligation to screen any of the content posted in any Interactive Area, but OUTplanet reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove or edit any content at any time, without notice or limit or block access or use of the Site to any User.
By using the Site, the User grants OUTPLANET the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates the User’s or OUTPLANET’s rights by violating any part of this Agreement.
Further, the User agrees to defend and indemnify OUTPLANET from and against any claims (actions, damages, cost or expenses of any kind or nature), brought by third parties as a direct result of:
- User’s violation of this Agreement;
- User’s violation of any law or the rights of a third party;
- User’s use of this Site or any other OUTPLANET service.
Changes to this Agreement
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this Agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this Agreement will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, the practices of this Site, your dealings with this Site, or constructive feedback to improve our Site, we welcome your engaged and polite feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or via our social media.
This document was last updated on June 21, 2018.